Tuesday, February 5, 2019

DENSITY OF CRYING TAPES

The existence of the thirty five year old tapes was only known by two or three people. Once in the incinerator, their integration into the less dense layer of life enables expansion, their fluid movement, bringing them to a larger and concentrated mass that gets to know “The Crying Tapes”.  When I was in my mid thirties, doing primal therapy individually and in group sessions with mostly Upper West Siders ex hippies, and driven existentially and sexually by a brainy and physically love affair with the man from Lower Saxony, I recorded my crying sessions and kept the tapes until day before yesterday. The tapes had to go. I decided to throw them down the incinerator. A recorded moment of history, literature, new forms of therapy and theater, introspection and activism was lost, but not what made the tapes. 

No comments: