Monday, August 19, 2019

ON TERROR AT HOME AND THE STATE

I had a dream where I am looking at a painting showing a terrorized face, but I am not able to talk about it and wanted to do so; and that is when I woke up, really feeling scared. I think terror is haunting me. It never left. 

Viewers can become part of a painting or a conceptual piece like the one created by the current president and his milieu in the USA: a social and political climate that terrorizes people, increasing disturbing feelings, fostering a real sense of collective persecution. He then blames “mental illness” on the others, when in reality what is taking place is a form of social and political “illness, pathology”, put in place by him and his “fotutos". 

For those of us who have had to live in such situation and worse, for longer periods than the one currently created by the president, it is not new. He cannot deceive us, we’ve been there. 

The dream and reality are interwoven. To be able to separate both from the self is not a simple task, and it cannot easily be handled or solved by simply waking up. 

No comments: