Friday, July 12, 2019

DEMOCRACY, PLUTOCRACY, BUREAUCRACY AND THE TECHIES

I am currently thinking about researching the topic; will inform on my findings sometime in the near future. I know quite well how the techie plutocrats and digitalized bureaucrats are influencing or distorting or replacing democratic processes and ideas, but, right now, I am making sure my pension plan is doing a direct deposit in my bank account; the internet is at desired speed; my files are copied in different disk formats and my email addresses are secured, delivering all my correspondence, copies of journals, and keep me in touch with friends whose neurosis have not impeded them from communicating thru virtual space. I refuse to use my cel phone -the only one I have- for social calls since at my very late age, I am going deaf but still can see halfway very well and read the expanded bold letters of the laptop, desktop and tablet/smart phone. 

No comments: