Saturday, May 25, 2019

IT IS NOT ONLY THE LAWS AND THE ECONOMY, IT IS THE SOCIAL CLIMATE THAT IS ALSO BEING SHAKEN

I know of hard working young people and students who are scared to death, waiting for Immigration to knock on their doors and take them away. The climate is so disturbing, frightening, that whenever I go out, my passport goes with me, like the star that can prove I am not a member of the “contaminated race”, which, according to some supremacist, I am. That is what is happening now in the USA. As a homosexual. fear of persecution was always present, and for effeminate men and masculine women it was more difficult than for those who could pass as “straights”. For black people it was also present, so the uncertain and threatening climate is not new, it has simply extended itself to include others and the cruel and vicious leaders in Washington D.C. have taken advantage of what was there waiting to be given the opportunity to flourish, in order for them to express their cruelty and hate. 

No comments: