Wednesday, May 15, 2019

THE FOREST AND THE COCKY YOUNG MAN

The Forest was a narrative poem, kind of an epic, I had begun to write in the early 1970s. A young man who was both very scare and cocky wanted to see what would happen when entering a forest. The poem was never completed since it was thrown into the garbage during my last episode of vulnerability and confusion, with regards to how to respond to another young cocky man -a defense mechanism since he is also very scare; unable to face his fear, he acts quite abrasive and defiant at times-. The forest of the poem brings out the struggles the character is facing, not only the physical ones confronted in nature, his inner emotions also, making the poem a contemporary epic. The poem is only a memory of what could have taken place, and had I finished it, maybe, I would have not allowed myself to be so vulnerable, and confused. To write can serve to liberate oneself’s from the fear of facing a forest.

No comments: